3.06.2009

*NEW* BlackBerry 8900

BlackBerry Curves

I forgot to update my blog that I had gotten my new BlackBerry 8900 in the afternoon of February 18th, that's 4 long days after my birthday. I had planned on getting a new one--first choice was a Bold due to its availability locally--in time for my birthday but failed. I tried to ask Globe for one even if I'd pay for it upfront but they never gave me due to some technicalities--one of which is the fact that they only offer it to corporate subscribers and I'm just on an individual (or regular) subscription, you know--but religiously paying my monthly dues... oh well.

Anyhow, thanks to another BlackBerry addict from PhilMUG (member amf), and because he posted that he got his 8900 from ebuystore.com.ph (MNL-based ebay powerseller), now you know what happened next (yup, I'm so predictable at times). So I sought the help of yet another BlackBerry addict from PhilMUG, world-renowned writer Butch Dalisay (click it for his Wiki spot)--asked him to get it for me so he can inspect before shipping it over to Cagayan de Oro (just to be sure everything's accounted for) and so he did (thank you Sir!). I just wired him the money via bank deposit. And that was it, after a day-full of waiting, the beauty of a gadget finally arrived and knocked on the door!

For more information about the BlackBerry 8900, check out its official page. Finally, I now have GPS and Wi-Fi in one device! Now, if you'd ask me where my BlackBerry 8320 went, I had it sold to a friend--after I replaced the trackball and the faceplate so it'd look new and feel new.

No comments: