4.30.2009

Nikon Speedlight

The last time I wrote about a speedlight was when I was deciding which one to get--between the Nikon SB-600 or the Nissin Di622. I ended up getting the Nikon speedlight in Manila last month (now you know this is such a late update!). I was satisfied with this purchase--until I found out that it can only be set as a remote. In addition, I wasn't too sure about the D60 anymore at that time since its flash can't even wirelessly command the SB-600, much less all other speedlights.

So I was looking to either push it up to the D90 or just invest in some good lenses--decisions, decisions. But since the D60 (like the D40/x) doesn't have any built-in motor, buying cheaper not-so-new lenses would be useless unless of course if I had already mastered the art of MF-ing (no, it's not what you're thinking). I can learn MF-ing, but I don't think I have much time. The newer lenses with motors would work perfectly with AF on the D60 but are more expensive. So I had to decide.

No comments: