8.06.2008

Online BUT Stuck!


If you examine the photo above, you should be able to tell that I'm online now. I've got my weather updates in (too bad there's none for CDO) along with my WAN IP as well. The Globelines folks have finally hooked me up at the new apartment late yesterday afternoon. But that's just the good news. News always comes in twos. Now the bad news is--the connection has been so slow ever since! To make matters worse, I only figured that out when the install crew had already left the area.

So did you want to know how slow this thing is? Well, it's way under the considerable speed even for dial-up! You may want to check the image ^^ again, click it. It's really ADSL eh? Take a closer look at the download versus upload speeds, there you go. Now I got those values from Speedtest and from my #1 widget, iStat Pro (get the latest version here). The download speed, the most important, is not even in 3 digits!

I guess it's just not my time these past few days BUT I've got to bounce back. With that said, I already gave the Globelines tech support guys a call early this morning and I got a reference number for the record. They said there could be something wrong with the facility or the main center where my line comes out from. At least he agreed there's something wrong! I just hope they would act on this no sooner than a month! Remember "the wait" I had to burn candles for just for the installation? It now appears the pain wasn't worth it at all.

Stay tuned...

No comments: