6.18.2008

Celtics In Six (Period)


Sorry I forgot to follow-through as I just couldn't believe the Lakers lost. I was rooting for them. My prediction was even simple: Lakers in Six. I guess I just believed too much in the triangle. Anyway, I'm glad the Celtics got it over with at home. It was murder out there. It's like every shot the Celts made in the fourth quarter was much like adding insult to injury or more fuel to the fire. So the final score was Celtics 131, Lakers 92. It was the most lopsided closeout win in NBA Finals history. I thought I saw the Celts had scored more points in the fourth quarter than the Lakers so, that about says it all for the contest. BTW, it's Paul Pierce who ran away with the Final MVP trophy. That's him and the coach, Doc Rivers, on photo above.

With the NBA Finals over, I guess we can all look forward to the Beijing 2008 Olympics in August. I'd be all glued to the basketball games by then in anticipation of some great games involving the United States. See you then.


*Photo courtesy of the NBA.

No comments: