6.14.2008

White Water Rafting


Have you guys ever gone white water rafting? If so, then I guess you’re familiar with those classes of rapids everyone talks about whenever they get past all of them on any given course. We’re talking about the more difficult class 3-4 rapids… Are we? Well I guess if you haven’t tried the advanced course YET then you have a lot to read about on here.


Just fyi, I’ve actually (and successfully) just gone on my first rafting adventure last May 15th, on a Thursday if it matters. And yeah, I pushed the limit (along with my cousins) and signed up to go advanced. That trip covers around 30 or so rapids ranging from class 1-2 to the more adrenaline-pumping and exhilarating class 3-4s. The duration: 6-7 hours of nonstop white-water wet-glory… All I could say is that it was so fun and you’ve got to love every minute out there especially when you’re like risking your life in exchange for one hell of an experience. No pain, no gain. Now how’s that for a late summer thrill? I love outdoors!


The whole time I was out there, I was feeling safe even with the odds that we had to go through which I had no idea what they were going to be like (remember: it’s first time). Good thing the word safety came in and was introduced even before pre-raft because we chose to raft with the Kagay guys who have such an established resume in the rafting business in Cagayan de Oro and in the rafting world, in general. So if you plan on going rafting sometime later, I would consider going out there with them. I’ll be going rafting again soon especially after a day or two’s worth of rain would hit the city — that would surely bring up the “danger” (and fear!) factor. It would be all perfect to blog about by then.

No comments: