6.16.2008

Experiencing some local issues with my laptop

So I have had this baseline MacBook Pro for over a month now and have had no issues until I updated my OS X to 10.5.3 when it became available via software update. You know Macs are never meant to be shut down, you just let them sleep, wake them up and they're back in action--exactly as you've left them.

Now here's the story: there was that one morning in May I'll never forget. What happened was... I just let it sleep the night before some disaster happened. I just closed the lid and let it snore. I woke up early the next day and thought I'd get online first before the usual morning rituals. And then I saw this after I opened the darn thing (BTW I call this a post-sleep nightmare):


I took that photo just for documentation purposes. Ok, so then I forced reboot it and that somehow seemed to have fixed that issue. So I posted this experience on the two Mac forums I know and frequent - PhilMUG and MacRumors. I then found out I wasn't the only one who has experienced this ugly phenomenon. Some have commented it most likely is a video card or worse, a logic board issue and that I needed to have that replaced, much less checked up on by a certified Apple service guru ASAP. The problem I have now is that there's only one authorized Apple Reseller and Service Center in the city--Lifestyle Quality Appliances. I doubt their technician could even handle this thing but I am going to give it a shot no less especially that it happened again last night! Check the photo below:



I just woke it up after moving it from the living room to the bedroom. What triggered it this time though was when I opened PhotoBooth to take photos of my baby boy. And boom it happened again! The only line that crossed my mind when that happened was this: "If it happened two times, then a third time is absolutely guaranteed!" Now that just doesn't sound right. I guess I really have to start thinking about bringing this in and have it checked up on. All I've got to do now is back-up and make a few phone calls before actually visiting the service center myself. Good luck to me and I hope I can have this covered soon.

No comments: