6.15.2008

So I've finally decided..

In the last few days or so, I was all trying to figure out which site I would choose to blog on to. It was just between Blogger and WordPress. There's just two choices. You know I have actually started with Blogger around May 31st and posted a few. Then I deleted everything I wrote a little after I imported all of them over to WordPress. The "Magic Button" was just tempting. It was that quick! But now I'm back to Blogger. At least I was able to figure out the differences.

Both are really fairly simple to work with. Here are the items that have helped me decide between the two top-notch blog sites:

1. You can control your blog's text font on Blogger, at least it's readily available on the post box. This is not available on WordPress. You would have to edit the HTML tags for that or change the template/theme.

2. Upload space-wise: WordPress readily provides 3GB. All I know about Blogger's is that you only get 1GB of space for photos due to its integration with Picasa. Although there is a workaround to this by uploading your photos somewhere, i.e., Photobucket or Flickr, and then link them into your blog, it is clear that WordPress has this feature in the bag.

3. There's lots of widgets available on Blogger and that's good. There's even the nice newsreel feature that lets your visitors read the latest news articles for a particular subject or topic listed on the sidebar. They just have to click the topic of interest and they get the news. WordPress I think doesn't have that.

4. And this last feature, amongst a slew of other useful features readily available on Blogger, is the capability to blog from a mobile device. They call this mobile-blogging or blogging-to-go. This is perfect for me as I am out and about most of the time. All I've got to do is just send an email to the address I have nominated, and boom--the email gets published as a new article. I think I have mentioned this before that Blogger and BlackBerry are made for each other.

Having said all those things, I guess I'm staying with Blogger even if I had deleted the initial page I have created last May 31st (sorry!). At least I'm back now and I should be better than I used to be a few weeks ago. There's going to be more updates soon as I will be working on this full-time now. With Blogger and as I have said, I can even post from my BlackBerry and send it from there. So much for push-button publishing and mobile-blogging.

No comments: